s10全球总决赛竞猜When you’re in the midst of a health crisis, you may feel scared, overwhelmed or in pain. You need more than tests, surgeries and medication; you need healing touch, a listening ear and inspiration to create a renewed sense of your own health. You may have a health condition that isn't easily diagnosed or treated with Western medicine alone, and want to add new tools to help you regain physical, mental, emotional and spiritual balance and resilience.
Our holistic and integrative medicine practitioners provide just that. Sutter’s Institute for Health & Healing, founded in 1994 and the first integrative medicine clinic certified by the State of California, is a nationally recognized pioneer in integrative health. At locations across Northern California, we provide evidence-based care that combines modern medical approaches with proven, personalized integrative medicine therapies. Whether you want physician oversight to manage a serious illness or are seeking acupuncture treatment or a therapeutic massage, our goal is to provide the partnership and resources you need to optimize your overall health and well-being.
Understanding Integrative Medicine
Integrative medicine expands the traditional focus on disease and symptoms to incorporate
your full potential for wellness. It shifts the emphasis from establishing what’s
wrong to finding out how to live better through deep and enduring health practices.
Integrative medicine also expands the treatment landscape to include options that reflect a mind-body-spirit perspective. For any given clinical concern or need, an integrative approach may incorporate ancient traditions such as Chinese medicine and acupuncture as well as modern forms of restoring balance such as functional medicine, mindfulness training and nutrition.
s10全球总决赛竞猜You may come to us with a condition for which conventional medicine may not have all the answers. You may want to enhance the care you are already receiving. Or you may simply be interested in exploring different approaches to wellness and prevention. Whatever your state of health, we can guide you to holistic changes and support you as you put those into practice.
s10全球总决赛竞猜Our staff are all board-certified, Western-trained doctors and clinicians specially trained in integrative practices. Across our Northern California locations, we offer in-depth integrative medicine consultations, focused integrative medicine treatments such as acupuncture and chiropractic services. In San Francisco, we also offer integrative primary care services.
Conditions We Treat
s10全球总决赛竞猜We help children and adults with a variety of health conditions. We offer expertise in areas including:
- Autoimmune conditions — including celiac disease and thyroid conditions.
- Cancer support — including relief from treatment-related side effects, immune system enhancement, pain management and survivorship.
- Childhood conditions — including chronic infections, headaches, autism spectrum disorders, allergies and immune disorders, colic and ADD/ADHD.
- Digestive disorders — including IBS, IBD (Crohn’s and ulcerative colitis), detoxification and intestinal yeast (candida).
- Emotional health — including anxiety, stress, depression, insomnia and coping with life transitions.
- Environmental issues — including allergies, asthma, chemical sensitivities and heavy metal toxicity.
- Heart health — including metabolic syndrome, high blood pressure and abnormal cholesterol levels.
- Pain relief and fatigue — including chronic pain, musculoskeletal pain, fibromyalgia and headaches.
- Preventive care for stress management, diet and lifestyle change.
- Weight management — including weight loss or gain, obesity and support for related surgical interventions.
- Women’s health — including fertility, PMS, perimenopause, menopause, osteoporosis and estrogen metabolism.