Nearly 4 million children and adults in California suffer from asthma (PDF). When asthma is not adequately treated and kept under control, it can lead to many problems, such as:
- Frequent visits to the emergency department or hospitalization.
- Inability to participate in physical activities, including exercise and sports.
- Missed school and/or work days.
- Lung damage.
s10全球总决赛竞猜But asthma doesn’t have to get in the way of the activities you love. Asthma experts work with you to create effective treatment plans, pinpoint triggers and develop strategies to avoid them and reduce flare-ups.
We also provide special asthma programs including:
- Asthma Resource Center — A proactive Bay Area program designed to improve treatment and reduce the need for patients with asthma to visit the Emergency Department. By collaborating with local health clinics, we identify patients that need help and match them with the right resources.
- Research and Clinical Trials — Novel treatments can improve asthma symptoms today and prevent them in the future.